The most initial queries of the user is to import and upload Outlook OST mailboxes to Office 365 webmail. So, here we will provide the manual as same as a third party solution for moving OST file to PST file in Office 365 cloud mailbox in precise manner.
Cloud-based email application provide more services to their users as related to the desktop based email applications. In like way, having exchange mailbox data on Outlook web app has a number of benefits. The data stored in Office 365 like emails are commonly accessible if there is an internet connectivity.
However, users are similar to preserve a replica of their Exchange mailboxes in O365 email account. To facilitate this simply, users can convert OST to PST in Office 365 domain. So, in this blog, we will discuss the most appropriate manual approaches in an effective manner.
Solution to Import an OST File into Office 365
Step by step method for how do I convert an OST to a PST in Office 365 is mentioned below. But for achieving the complete task of OST to Office 365 first you need to convert an OST file to a PST file, then you can import PST file into Office 365 cloud database.
There are two different methods available to convert OST to PST:
- Manual Approach
- Using Export Feature of MS Outlook
- Using Archive Feature of MS Outlook
- Automated Approach i.e. OST to PST Converter
Manual Method to Save OST as PST
There are following two suitable manual solutions to migrate OST data into a PST file format:
Using Export option of Microsoft Outlook
Go through the following set of instructions carefully to export Outlook offline data as PST file:
- Open Microsoft Outlook email application on your system
- Press on File tab >>Export to a file>>Next
- After that choose Personal File Folder (.pst) and then press on the Next button
- Now, choose the folder that you wish to move and check Include subfolders.
- Choose the required location to save the output file and press on Finish
Note: For the above mentioned method. Users need to be connected to the MS Exchange Server.
Using Archive option of Microsoft Outlook
This method helps you to convert data from mailbox items to Outlook .pst file. Just follow the below described steps for this migration:
- Open MS Outlook app on your desktop.
- Now, go to the File menu >>Archive.
- From the new window, choose the file or folder for archiving.
- After that, choose the location for the archived MS Outlook PST file.
- Then press on OK
Note: This method allows to migrate whole data from OST file except the Outlook contacts.
Drawbacks of Manual Process:
- The manual method provides a lot of steps that are time
- A user needto have technical knowledge in order to understand the method
- Any misrule of the steps may lead to Outlook data file corruption or deletion.
Automated Method to Convert OST to PST
If you think the above described manual ways to move Offline Outlook data file to a PST file is not the correct way for solving the issue of how do I convert an OST to a PST in Office 365? Then you should switch to the automated solution i.e. OST to PST Converter that supports to import bulk data from OST file to PST file format with all emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, attachments, etc. in same manner without any changes.
Now, follow the complete working steps of the software to move OST data as PST:
- Launch OST to PST software on your Windows screen.
- Press on Add .Ost files to load OST files for achieving the conversion of OST to PST.
- Then, choose PST option as output format to save OST data as PST.
- Now, select destination folder by clicking on Browse option and press on Convert button to start the process.
- After that you can see live conversion progress report and within a few minutes, a new Window will display and showing the Conversion Completed Successfully.
- Then press on the OK button to accomplish the process.
Note: Once you clicked on OK button to finish the process, you will get PST files on the selected destination path. Now, for completing the task of OST to Office 365, you need to import PST files into Office 365 account.
Upload PST Files into Office 365
After the migration of Outlook offline data file to PST file, next step is to upload the output PST file to Office 365 webmail. There are two possible methods to move PST file into Exchange Online. The ways are given below:
- Using Drive Shipping: On a fundamental or important level, Drive Shipping means to copy the PST file to the hard drive and then manually ship the drive to the Microsoft data center. Furthermore, it is a reliable and an effective way to export the bulk number of email to Outlook web app. It also moves large size of the archive mailbox to the organization.
- Using Network Upload:This method allows to copy PST into Exchange Online in an accurate manner. It take very less time to import PST file in Office 365 account.
Follow the following process carefully as provided below:
Step 1.Copy the SAS URL and install Azure Copy tool
Step 2.Import or upload PST files into Exchange Online (Office 365)
Step 3.View the imported PST files in Office 365 (optional)
Step 4.Create the PST Import mapping file
Step 5.Make a PST Import job in Microsoft Office 365
Step 6. Filter PST file data and start the Import Process
Note: Step 1 performed only when to move PST to Exchange Online mailboxes. Then, follow step 2 to step 6 to transfer batch or bulk of Outlook PST files into Office 365 webmail.
Convert the data from one application to another application is yet the challenging or difficult task. So, after seeing the difficulties faced by the user throughout the migration process of OST files to PST file in Office 365 for solving the matter of how do I convert an OST to a PST in Office 365? Therefore, in this blog, we have covered the thinkable manual approaches including its drawbacks. To overcome these drawbacks, it is always recommended to opt a reliable and a secure application. To import OST file in PST, the OST to PST software ensures the process of converting OST to PST in Office 365.
Read More : Best OLM to PST Converter