Summary: Here in this writeup we will discuss Outlook one of the common error many of you face. If you are an Outlook user facing an “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” error, this article is for you. Read the complete and know how to reduce the size of the Outlook data file.
It is known that Outlook is an email client that is used by many organisations for managing their emails. Outlook saves its mailbox data in two data files – PST & OST. However, there is a certain limit to storing data in a .pst file. Today we will discuss one such error user faces where the data file size exceeds its limit.
If you are an Outlook user, then you must know how important PST file is crucial as it saves your emails along with contacts, calendars, tasks, journals and etc. While importing a PST file into Outlook, if you face the “Outlook data file has reached the maximum size” error, then you need immediately need to resolve the error and avoid .pst file corruption.
Before we move ahead, let’s know the impact if the Outlook data file reached its maximum limit.
Consequence Of Large Outlook Data File
1. Oversized Outlook PST file can easily get damaged.
2. There is a high risk of corruption with an oversized PST file.
3. You can also lose your important data as a large .pst file halts the smooth Outlook working.
4. And many others.
Now without any further delay, let’s move ahead and know how to fix the “Outlook Data File Reached the Maximum Size” error.
How to Fix Outlook Oversized Data File
Here we will discuss different ways to reduce oversized Outlook data file. Read the article and choose which method can solve your error efficiently.
Method 1: Remove Unwanted Data from PST File
The easiest and quickest way to fix the “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” error is to delete unnecessary data that occupy the space. Data that is not needed must be removed and avoid the risk of the oversized Outlook data file. It is the simplest approach to prevent Outlook data file to reach the maximum limit.
Follow the steps to delete un-required emails from the Outlook PST file –
1. Open your Outlook application on your system.
2. Select the email folder or single email that you want to remove.
3. Right-click and choose the Delete option.
Repeat the same steps for each email or folder that are not required and needed to be deleted.
This native approach will delete your emails from Outlook data file. If you still facing the same error then use the other method mentioned below.
Method 2: Archive Outlook Data File
If you are facing the “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” error, then in that case you can use the archive method in Outlook. It will reduce the PST file size by splitting it into smaller parts. Follow the steps and archive data in Outlook 2019/2016/2013 and other versions.
1. Open your outlook email client on your Windows OS.
2. After that, go to File >> Cleanup Tools >> Archive.
3. Then, select Archive this folder option.
4. Under the Archive items older than section chooses a date.
5. Click on Browse and select the folder that needs to be archived.
6. At last, click on the Ok button to start the process.
Both the above methods are able to solve the Outllok data file oversized issue, however, with these solutions, there are a few limitations.
Drawback Of Above Solutions
While using these native solutions you can face some restrictions, some of them mention below
1. It is a time-consuming process that required detailed knowledge of all Outlook features.
2. While using this approach, there are high chances of data loss.
3. While splitting the large PST file into small parts, email data can be altered or modified.
4. No email filter options to save only specific data from the oversized data file into small files.
To avoid all these limitations, you can use the automated way that will swiftly resolve the oversized Outlook data file issue.
Method 3: Solve “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” Error Professionally
To efficiently deal with oversized PST file, use Advik PST Splitter Tool for Windows. Using this tool you can easily split large Outlook PST file into smaller data files. Moreover, you will not lose a single bit of your data while splitting large size PST file. The automated tool is a secure way to solve oversized Outlook data file error.
Along with that, this tool also split corrupted, damaged, encrypted and password-protected PST file into smaller data file with ease. Additionally, you can also upload multiple large PST file and split them without any data loss.
Follow the given instructions to solve the Outlook data file oversized error –
1. Install and open the software on your system.
2. After that, click on the Select file or Select folder option to add the data file into the software interface.
3. Now choose the email folders that are important and you want to archive.
4. Select the saving option as PST. Along with select Separate PST per user and size of split PST file.
5. At last, browse the destination path and hit on the Save button.
Done! Here you solve the “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” error efficiently and without any data loss.
Many Outlook users at some point in time face the “Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size” error. In this blog, we address this issue and mention three different solutions to fix Outlook PST oversized issue. You can opt for any of the methods and reduce the size of your PST file and secure your data. The automated tool also offers a demo version of the software to know its working.
Also Read: Best PST Merge Tools for Windows