Summary: Are you looking for a way to migrate GoDaddy to Office 365? You’ve arrived at the right location. Many users are still searching for a simple and secure way to migrate GoDaddy to Office 365. So, we have come up with the easiest approach to deal with this issue. Continue reading this article.
In this blog, we will show you how to transfer all emails from GoDaddy to Office 365 account step by step.
Before we continue, let us know about Microsoft Office 365 that users need to know before migrating emails to it.
Godaddy is a domain registrar and web hosting firm that provides web hosting, domain registration, and webmail. When it comes to professional email, however, Microsoft 365 is the clear favorite of every business owner and users. Many users are migrating from GoDaddy webmail to Office 365 in order to take advantage of Office 365’s cloud features.
Office 365 formerly known as Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based utility package that delivers a full business suite of collaboration, communication, and productivity tools. It is the first choice for many enterprises. Because they have been using Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook for years and also everyone is familiar with them.
Advantages of GoDaddy to Office 365 Migration
Microsoft’s business email hosting provides a cost-effective and subscription-based solution for hosting the business email service, which includes a 99.9% uptime guarantee and the opportunity to add and remove licenses for your organization. If you’re utilizing a third-party business email hosting service, such as Godaddy Webmail, you’ll need to move your mailboxes to Office 365.
Users seek to migrate from GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 for a variety of reasons. The following are a few of them:
1. Advanced Security: Office365’s business premium version includes data encryption in transit and at rest, as well as multi factor authentication for users and phishing email protection through Outlook.
2. Customized Email: Users can customize every email by establishing a custom format, incorporating photos, and utilizing their own domain name, as well as storing all of the emails they need on hand with 100 GB of storage.
3. Easy Access & Sharing: Regardless of the device you’re logged into, whether it’s a Windows, Mac, or mobile device, you can access all of your data. Users can safely share files both within and outside of your organization.
4. Access from Anywhere: Office 365 allows users to work from any location as long as they have access to the internet. It’s a cloud-based office tool that can be accessed from any device and from any location.
These are some of the benefits of using Office 365 email clients. Now, let’s look at the step-by-step approach for migrating GoDaddy email to Office 365.
Read Also: How to Migrate GoDaddy Emails to G Suite?
Methods to migrate GoDaddy Emails to Office 365?
To migrate GoDaddy to Office 365, as previously stated, there is no direct manual solution for GoDaddy to Office 365 migration. As there is no formal technique, we are left with two options:
#1. Migrate GoDaddy to Office 365 through MS Outlook
#2. Transfer GoDaddy emails to Office 365 with an automated tool.
Undoubtedly, the above methods are easy and simple. However, for secure and integrated outcomes, it is advised that you use the appropriate automation tool.
In the following section, we will learn how to transfer GoDaddy emails to Office 365 account in detail. Analyze both strategies and select the one that best meets your requirements.
So, without further delay, let’s begin and learn how to easily migrate GoDaddy emails to Office 365.
Method 1. How to Transfer GoDaddy Emails to Office 365 manually?
To Manually transfer GoDaddy emails to Office 365, users must go through a lengthy process. To make this process easy, we have divided the whole process in four major steps.
Step 1. Set up GoDaddy Webmail Account to MS Outlook
1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
2. If this is your first time using Outlook, click “Next” to begin the setup wizard. If you’ve previously used Outlook, go to the “Tools” menu and select “Account Settings”.
3. Select a server type. Select the server type for your GoDaddy account. Choose “IMAP” if your incoming mail server’s domain begins with “IMAP”; and click “Next” after selecting.
4. Fill up your account’s basic details such as “Your Name” field with the name you want to appear on all outgoing emails. Put the account’s email address next to “E-mail Address”. Then, to double-check your password, type it in twice. Select “Manually setup server settings” from the drop-down menu and click ”OK”.
5. In this step, fill in the server’s details as shown in the screenshot:
6. Select “More Settings” from the drop-down menu.
7. Choose “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” on the “Outgoing Server” tab, and “use the same as your incoming server”.
8. Change the port settings by clicking the “Advanced” tab.
For IMAP– 993 for “Incoming Server Settings,
Use SMTP– 465 in the “Outgoing Server Settings” and Click “OK” after you’ve entered the port numbers.
9. Make a connection test. Check the box labeled “Test Account Settings”. Click “Finish” once the connection has been established.
Now, Your GoDaddy email address is successfully added to MS Outlook.
Step 2. Export mailbox data from GoDaddy in PST File
You’ll need to export the Godaddy mailboxes that you want to migrate to Office 365. To complete the transfer from GoDaddy to Office 365, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
1. Firstly, select File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export from the File menu.
2. Now, select “Export to a file” and click “Next”.
3. Select Outlook Data File from the drop-down menu.
4. In this step, select the GoDaddy’s mailboxes that you wish to export from Outlook.
5. Now, Browse a location and a name for your .pst file and click “Finish” after this.
Step 3. Configure Outlook for Office 365
You must also configure your Outlook client for Office 365 now that you have successfully exported GoDaddy mailboxes in PST File. Your Outlook client will restart after this, and you will see your new profile which you just modified listed when it does.
To set up your Office 365 account in Outlook, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
1. Open and Run MS Outlook Application on your system.
2. Click on the “File” and select “Add Account” from the drop-down menu.
3. Now, enter your Office 365 email address and click “Connect”.
4. In this Step, Enter your Password, and select “Sign in”.
5. Select ‘Manual Setup or other server types’ Option and click “Next” to proceed.
6. Choose ‘Office 365’ as the first option and enter your full Office 365 email address. It will add Office 365 account automatically.
Step 4. Import GoDaddy emails (.pst) to Office 365
You can now import the PST files that you previously produced and stored as local copies in Step 2.
1. To import GoDaddy emails to Office 365, go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
2.Now, Select ‘Import from another programme or file’ option.
3. Choose “Outlook Data File option(.pst)” and tap “Next” to proceed further.
4. Browse the GoDaddy emails as PST file from the location where you have exported .pst file and it will added to your Office account .
5. You can then delete the older IMAP account from Outlook after importing the contacts/calendar and emails.
Why You shouldn’t Use Manual Methods?
- Unfortunately, switching from GoDaddy to Microsoft 365 is not an easy task. To migrate from GoDaddy to Office 365 manually, you’d have to export all of your data, set up your Microsoft 365 account, transfer your data, and organize your data through various manual configuration processes.
- Keep in mind that, depending on the size of your company, the number of users, and the complexity and sensitivity of your data, any of these factors could cause major business disruptions if not adequately planned.
- Using this manual method, we analyzed that it is a very lengthy procedure that requires a lot of time and manual effort.
- Requires technical knowledge to complete this migration process, data loss situations may also occur.
Method 2. How to Migrate GoDaddy to Office 365 Easily? – Complete Guide
Given the complexity of migration, a solution that provides a simple and secure way for doing it with least steps. Users will be able to move fast in this manner. Advik GoDaddy Email Backup Tool is one such tool that can easily eliminate the limitations of manual methods. When it comes to migration and conversion, this tool is renowned for being one of the most amazing tools. It is perfectly built for you to complete the GoDaddy to Office 365 migration process, regardless of how less technical skills you have.
This software is built with the most up-to-date algorithms, making it the safest solution for migrating GoDaddy to Office 365. You may effortlessly export GoDaddy emails with attachments to Office 365. In a single attempt, this application can also transfer numerous GoDaddy email accounts to targeted email sources.
Thus you’ll need to download and install this tool on your device to complete the task.
Let’s take a look at some of the simplest steps you can use to start GoDaddy to Office 365 migration.
The following technique explains how to easily Migrate from GoDaddy to Office 365 account:
1. Install and Run Advik GoDaddy Backup Tool and enter your login credentials to sign in.
2. Now, this tool initiates the analysis procedure. After that, select the required email folders from the drop-down menu.
3. This tool provides a number of file-saving options. You must select Office 365 from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter your Office 365 Login credentials such as email address and passwords.
5. Finally, click on the “Convert” Button to start GoDaddy to Office 365 migration process.
Finally, we have completed the GoDaddy to Office 365 migration process in simple steps. We have tried our best to provide methods that meet your needs. We have provided an effortless solution for the GoDaddy to Office 365 migration process without encountering any difficulties. However, we have also provided a manual solution, but only use it if you are willing to invest a lot of time and have technical knowledge. As an alternative solution, you can choose an automated approach. We have described the complete GoDaddy to Office 365 migration process with screenshots for you to understand better.