Gmail is a product of Google that provide email service, calendar, task, notes, and other business services. It has the most active monthly users as compared to Yahoo and Office 365. Gmail never compromises its data and security, however, it also provides the option to backup Gmail mailbox.
You can download Gmail mailbox from Google Takeout. This service is available for FREE. Unfortunately, it will save Gmail emails in .mbox file format. You won’t able to export Gmail to PST using this service.
Don’t worry! Today I will be sharing with you three alternate approaches that will help you to convert Gmail mailbox to PST with ease.
Technique 1. Using Advik Gmail Backup Tool (No Outlook Required)
Technique 2. Using MS Outlook Application
Technique 3. Converting Gmail mailbox manually
In the upcoming segments, you will learn the various methods to export Gmail to PST file. The tutorials has been practically done by me. Also, I found drawbacks in few methods as well. So let’s begin the tutorial.
#1. How to Export Gmail to PST Without Outlook
Advik Gmail Backup Tool is the #1 solution for this page. As the software can easily download PST from Gmail without Outlook application. Besides this, the software is loaded with various specialties such as;
- Maintain mailbox folder hierarchy
- Preserve Key Elements
- Export Single or Entire mailbox folders
- Unlimited Conversion with No Data Loss
- Convert Gmail to 10+ file formats
Step 1. Run Advik Gmail Backup Tool and Sign in with your Google Mail credentials.
Step 2. Select folders to export and click Next.
Step 3. Choose PST as saving option from the list here.
Step 4. Apply email filter if required to convert only specific emails.
Step 5. Choose the destination path where you want to save PST file and hit the Convert button.
#2. Export Gmail to PST With Outlook Client
- Open Outlook application in your system.
- Click Add Account from file menu.
- Enter Gmail login credentials and click Finish.
- After syncronizing, Outlook will load Gmail mailboxes.
- Now, click Open/Export option from main menu.
- Choose Export to a file.
- Select “Export to Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.”
- Choose mail folders and click Next.
- You have to select output path to save Outlook PST.
- Click Finish button.
Now Microsoft Outlook will start exporting your Gmail emails to PST file in few minutes.
- No option to filter emails
- High risk of data loss
#3. Using Google Takeout and Thunderbird
First of all, you have to download Gmail backup to MBOX file format using the Google Takeout service. After that, you have to convert MBOX to PST manually.
Step 1. Backup Gmail mailbox data
- Login in to Google Takeout service using Gmail credentials.
- Select Gmail from the list and click Next.
- Choose file format as Zip and Select Size.
- Click Export button.
Google will create Gmail backup in .mbox file format and will send you a download link on your registered email account. You can then download it.
Step 2. Convert MBOX to PST
Check out the list of best MBOX to PST Converter if you want to use professional software for conversion. Or you can continue with the manual way.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird in your computer.
- Right-click on the Folder menu and click Add Folder.
- Name your folder as per your choice.
- Select emails for conversion and move them to new Folder.
- All your emails are now available in a new folder.
- Select all emails and Right-click to choose Save as an option.
- All emails will be saved in .eml file format.
- Open MS Outlook, now drag and drop EML folder in Outlook.
- Click Open and Export option and select the Import/Export option.
- Choose Export to a file and click Next.
- Choose Outlook data file and click Next.
- Select the desired location where you want to save Outlook .pst file.
- Click the Finish button and Outlook will export MBOX to PST file.
This was all about the ways to export Gmail to PST without and with Outlook client.
Today we had discusses the top best 3 ways to export Gmail to PST with ease. You can select any suitable solution that fulfills your desire. If you face any technical difficulty, comment below and let us know.
Also Read: Import a PST File into Thunderbird