In today’s digital world, there are many email client applications and email services. The outlook is one of the best desktop-based email clients and used by millions of users to communicate and manage calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. Due to the popularity of Outlook and its latest version, a lot of users are upgrading from older version to newer. As a result, users have multiple PST files that are difficult to manage. To overcome this problem, users are looking for a solution to merge multiple PST files into a single file. So, this blog describes step by step method to merge PST files Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all below editions.
Benefits of Merging Multiple Outlook PST Files Into Single One
- Multiple PST files can be misplaced somewhere while a single file is easy to handle.
- Several Outlook PST files are difficult to open and close while single files can be easily opened.
- After merging multiple files, the user can easily access multiple computers PST files at one place.
These are some benefits behind to merge Outlook data files in a single file.
Techniques to Merge PST Files Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010
There are two solutions that are helpful to combine multiple PST files into a single one. Here we will discuss the Manual and Smart technique to merge PST files and remove duplicates.
Manual Method to Combine PST Files Into One
The manual approach has two parts, first, we need to create a new PST and then import all the Outlook PST files into the newly created PST file.
Step 1. Open Outlook application and click on the File menu
Step 2. Click on New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File
Step 3. Select the required location to save new blank PST and give it a name
Step 4. Now, again go to File menu >> Open >> Import
Step 5. In the Import/Export wizard, select Import from another program or file option
Step 6. Choose the option Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next
Step 7. Click on the Browse button and select the file to import
Step 8. Check in the option Do not import duplicates and click Next
Step 9. Select the folder you import from and check the Include Sub-folders box
Step 10. Check on the Import Items into the same folder in the box
Step 11. Click on the Finish button.
This process is completely free and fine to merge PST files Outlook 2016 if you have few PST files. But, if you have a large amount of PST files, then you need to import PST files into newly created blank PST one by one, which is very time-consuming. To merge PST files and remove duplicates instantly, you can go with the SysTools PST Merge Software. This tool is helpful for merging multiple Outlook PST files into a single file within a few moments.
Recommended Solution to Merge PST Files Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
The PST merge software is one of the finest tools that successfully combine multiple Outlook PST files in a single file. It has the capability to merge unlimited PST files without showing any error or limitation message. You just need to follow all the steps that are mentioned in the below section to merge Outlook data files. First, Download and launch the software on the Windows system and then follow the given steps.
Step 1. Select Outlook PST files by clicking on Add Files, Folder or Search File.
Step 2. Choose options: Merge PST or Join PST.
Step 3. Choose Merge into New PST, Existing PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Next, select items like Mail, Contacts, Notes, Journals, Calendars to merge
Step 5. Choose the Skip Duplicate Items box to remove duplicates from PST data files
Step 6. Click Next and the software immediately starts the process.
That’s it. When the task completes, the tool displays a completion message on the screen.
Beneficial Features of Outlook PST Merge Software
- The application supports merging PST files Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and other below editions.
- It supports to combine multiple PST files in a single click without loosing or corrupting any information.
- You can only merge multiple Outlook contacts folders into a single one without duplicates including all details.
- It provides a facility to merge PST data files into an existing PST, New PST or Outlook Profile as needed.
- Option to merge PST files without Outlook when you merge into a new PST file.
- No limitations with this Outlook PST combiner tool, you can easily merge large PST files without data loss.
- Supports to merge Outlook archive files, Password protected PST file, Network, and Active PST files.
Here, we described the manual and professional solution to merge PST files Outlook 2016, 2013, etc. We highly recommend using the PST Merge software to combine Outlook data files into a single one in less time with complete accuracy.