Nowadays, cloud-based platforms are attracting numerous organization. One of the most versatile cloud-oriented platforms is Microsoft Office 365. It has gained popularity in the last few years due to benefits associated with it. Most of the organizations want to manage their data as well as the communication process in an efficient way.
Thus, organizations wish to migrate to Office 365 from other platforms such as Lotus Notes. Now, when it comes to Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, both small and large organizations face various challenges. Thus, in this blog, we are going to introduce a complete step-by-step migration process from Lotus Notes to Outlook and Office 365.
Guide for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
In this section, we are going to explain a step-wise process to migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365. To transfer Lotus Notes data to Office 365 manually, the user has to make use of an IMAP connector. The complete process is divided into 4 steps that are:
- Backup NSF Files
- Create New Mailboxes
- Enabling IMAP TCP/IP Port
- Synchronize Lotus Notes to Office 365
Let’s get started with Migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365!
Step 1: Backup all Lotus Notes Data
The user must create the backup of data before implementing any process. The backup will help the users in any type of data loss situation. Thus, it is highly recommended to create a backup of the Lotus Notes mailbox.
Step 2: Creating New Mailboxes for Each NSF User
After backup process, the user has to create a new mailbox in Lotus Notes. If there are multiple users, the user has to create a separate mailbox for each of the users.
Step 3: Enabling IMAP TCP/IP Port for all Notes Users
To enable IMAP TCP/IP port, the user has to follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to open Domino Administrator present within IBM Notes
- Now, click on the Configuration tab
- Next, you have to open the server document that can execute IMAP service
- After that, you need to click on Ports > Internet Ports and finally click on Mail tab
- At last, navigate to IMAP column and enable ‘TCP/IP port status’
- Finally, click on the Save button to save all the change and exit the application
Step 4: Synchronize Lotus Notes with Office 365 using IMAP Connector
Now, the user has to synchronize mailboxes between Lotus Notes and Office 365. There should be no synchronising issue as the TCP/IP port status is enabled. One can easily export all Lotus Notes data to Office 365.
Now, here comes the twist!
Shortcomings Associated with Lotus Notes to Office 365 Manual Technique
While implementing the manual procedure to migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365, the user may face some issues. The most common issues which encounter while Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration are:
- Lotus Notes mailbox with maximum 1 GB file size can be transferred using IMAP Connector. One cannot migrate NSF file of more than 1 GB size.
- Firewall or proxy may prohibit Lotus Notes from connecting to the Internet
- If the Lotus Notes email client is disabled then it denies IMAP connection
- One can only transfer online items of Lotus Notes to Office 365
- Calendar items have to exported manually
- The migration process is lengthy and time-consuming
- Technical expertise is required to perform the steps accurately
- If any of the steps are performed incorrectly then it can also lead to data loss
Do Not Get Disappointed – Here, Is One Reliable Technique!
Smart Approach to Migrate From Lotus Notes to Office 365
To eliminate all the drawbacks associated with the manual method, it is recommended to opt for a wise and intelligent approach that is SysTools Lotus Notes Migration Tools. With this utility, the user can easily move multiple Domino or Lotus Notes data to Office 365 mailboxes in a hassle-free way. The tool is capable to move email, contacts, calendars, and tasks from single/multiple NSF file to Office 365. The software is integrated with various beneficial features and user-friendly interface. Some of the useful features associated with the software are:
- Complete Lotus Notes data can be easily migrated to Office 365
- One can export single as well as multiple NSF files
- Office 365 admin account credential are required to implement the process
- Permits to transfer contact group from Lotus Notes to Office 365
- Lotus Notes 6.5/7.0/8.0/8.5/9.0.1 installation is necessary on the user’s system
Make An Intelligent Choice to Migrate Lotus Notes Data to Office 365!
Most of the users search for a simple yet trustworthy method to move data from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Thus, in the above section, we have explained both manual and automated approach to migrate data from Lotus Notes to Office 365. However, the manual process has some drawbacks associated with it. Therefore, it is advised to make use of an automated utility to migrate Lotus Notes data to Office 365 mailbox without any data loss issue.